Freelance Content Writer Position Information
Join Our Freelance Content Author Team
Yandas Music is currently assembling a team of musicians with a love for music gear, and a knack for writing. We are currently hiring content writers for all major product categories on our site!
- What is a freelance content writer? We at Yandas Music are always striving to provide unique and informative product descriptions for our online customers. The freelance content writer position is designed to help Yandas give our online customers thoughtful product information, straight from the mouth of their fellow musicians.
- Do I have to live in Kearney or Grand Island to be a content writer? No! As a content writer, you would be given access to the back end system of our website, where you can write product descriptions for music gear from anywhere. All you will need is access to the internet and some free time to earn extra money!
- Is there set scheduled hours for content writers, as I already have another job. No! That's the beauty of the position. You are free to determine when and where you will write content. Of course, the amount of cash you are able to earn as a content writer is determined by the amount of content you are able to create. We do however have a minimum amount of content required for each writer on a weekly basis. We are asking that all content writers commit to a minimum of $50 per week of content. This will help to ensure that the Yandas project deadlines are met.
- Are there any pre-requisites to becoming a freelance content writer for Yandas? The requirements are simple. You must love music gear, have a passion to share your music gear knowledge with the world, and a talent for creative writing.
- I'm only familiar with (x) type of products on your site. Do I have to write content for gear I am unfamiliar with? No! You can choose to only write content for specific categories within our product offerings. In fact, we would prefer our content writers to specialize in certain product areas where they can share their personal experiences.
- My question wasn't answered here. Where can I get more information? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or give us a call at 800-338-6939. Be sure to select the "internet department" from our main phone menu.
- How do I apply to become a Yandas Freelance Content Writer? To apply for the position, please send an email including your resume and current phone number to email@example.com. You can also give us a call at 800-338-6939. Be sure to select the "internet department" from our main phone menu. If you are selected, we will promptly call you back for an interview.
How much you are able to earn as a Yandas Freelance Content Writer is determined by the amount of quality content you are able to provide. This system makes it flexible for you as a content author to write content at the pace which fits into your life. The reimbursement setup is broken down into three tiers corresponding to the length and depth of description required on a per product basis.
- Full Description - $4.00 per product (view an example)
- Medium Description - $3.00 per product (view an example)
- Slim Description - $2.00 per product (view an example)
Payments for content writing are tallied monthly, and delivered on or before the 1st of the month.
Content Types and Guidelines
The Yandas web team has put together the following content guidelines which will help to unify content creation between all authors and streamline your thoughts into content that users will find useful. Below are links to the corresponding content guide for each of the three tiers. These guides explain in detail what type of content will be required for each product, and also provides help in directing your creative writing process.
At first glance, the guidelines might seem extensive, as we need to cover all the basis. However, after you get past the learning curve, the guidelines will become second nature in your writing. That's when you can really crank out the content, and make more money!
- Products $600+
Full Description Guidelines
- Products $50 - $599
Medium Description Guidelines
- Products $50 and lower
Slim Description Guidelines
The Beginners Rulebook
There is a lot of good content on the web that is useful to users, a lot of bad content on the web that user can easily pick apart, and a lot of copied content on the web which Google absolutely hates, and punishes us for it. As such, here is a brief list of rules which all content creators must abide by to remain with Yandas Music.
1. Copied/Unoriginal Content - Absolutely NO copied content is allowed in your product descriptions. The exception to this rule is the "Full Product Specifications" section which can be copied from the manufacturer to ensure accuracy. We have software that will be periodically cross-checking your content across the web for copied content.
2. Paraphrasing - We're not trying to re-invent the wheel here. Sometimes there is content available that can serve as inspiration for the content you choose to write. Paraphrasing is allowed, but all content you paraphrase must be re-written entirely in your own voice. This excludes just modifying a few sentences and calling the content good. Every sentence you write must be in original wording, and provide a cohesive experience that is beneficial to the user.
3. Checks and Balances - In order to ensure quality content is being provided by the Yandas staff writers, periodic checks of each writer's content will be performed to make sure that the content being created is in line with the guidelines provided on this page.