Fender American Vintage '65 Jazzmaster Electric Guitar
- Product ID: 0112200800
- UPC/Barcode: 885978185467
|Grand Island, NE||0|
Vintage Style for the Modern Guitarist
Fender does an amazing job at keeping in touch with their heritage, and this guitar is a great example of the effort they make to do so. As years go on, original vintage models thin out as they skyrocket in price, but it wouldn't be the same for some people to pick up a new model that lacks some of the same specs they so dearly love about vintage models. The American Vintage '65 Jazzmaster takes us back to the 60s when reverb drenched surf music had taken a slight decline and the Jazzmaster found a new purpose for paving the way for alternative kinds of music for the next several decades. If you've ever wanted to fit that aesthetic and style, this is definitely the guitar for you.
- Specially voiced pickups
- Vintage style tremolo with lock button
- Bone nut
Jazzmaster pickups don't see as much of the market as other pickups do. No matter how they are voiced, they will always have that unique fat sounding single coil charm that you can get from a p90 but with a lot more range and character. The pickups for this model were carefully designed to emulate the sounds of those produced in the 50's all the way up until the 70s.
Vintage Style Tremolo
Vintage styling can be neat, but years of guitar innovation have taught us that there were a few things that don't really mesh well with today's world for the working musician. That being said, attention detail is more important than it has ever been. The vintage style tremolo helps you achieve the same tone you could push from one of these back in the 60s, but you have the option to lock it if using he actual tremolo doesn't suit your tastes, or if you just like to keep things locked up when you're transporting your guitar around and not have it lose its tuning stability.
Bone is often sought out material to have for a nut. It's almost impossible to know what things affect the tone of your guitar having all things considered, like how much sustain there is as a result of having a certain kind of nut or bridge, but the anecdotal evidence speaks for itself. Plus, it helps this guitar stay true to the originals since Fender used bone material on them as well.
Fender's American Vintage '65 Jazzmaster is as good at inspiring as it is at sounding amazing. Definitely check it out.
- Mid-’60s “C”-shaped neck profile
- Bound round-laminated rosewood fingerboard with larger pearl dot inlays
- Specially voiced pickups
- Dual-circuit wiring and controls
- White “witch hat” control knobs
- Vintage-style floating tremolo bridge with lock button
- BODY MATERIAL: Alder
- BODY FINISH: Fender Flash Coat Lacquer
- BODY SHAPE: Jazzmaster®
- NECK MATERIAL: Maple
- NECK FINISH: Fender Flash Coat Lacquer
- NECK SHAPE: Mid '60s "C"
- SCALE LENGTH: 25.5" (648 mm)
- FINGERBOARD MATERIAL: Bound Round-Laminated Rosewood
- FINGERBOARD RADIUS: 7.25" (184.1 mm)
- NUMBER OF FRETS: 21
- FRET SIZE: Vintage-Style
- NUT MATERIAL: Bone
- NUT WIDTH: 1.650" (42 mm)
- POSITION INLAYS: Pearloid Dot
- TRUSS ROD: Vintage-Style Butt Adjust
- BRIDGE PICKUP: American Vintage '65 Single-Coil Jazzmaster
- NECK PICKUP: American Vintage '65 Single-Coil Jazzmaster
- CONTROLS: Lead Circuit: Volume, Tone. Rhythm Circuit: Volume, Tone
- SWITCHING: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup; 2-Position Slide: Up: Rhythm Tone Circuit, Down: Lead Tone Circuit
- CONFIGURATION: SS
- BRIDGE: American Vintage Floating Tremolo with Tremolo Lock Button
- HARDWARE FINISH: Chrome/Nickel-Plated Steel
- TUNING MACHINES: Single Line "Fender Deluxe" Vintage Style
- PICKGUARD: 4-Ply Tortoiseshell
- CONTROL KNOBS: White "Witch Hat"
- SWITCH TIP: Aged White
- NECK PLATE: 4-Bolt Vintage-Style
- STRINGS: Fender® USA 250R NPS, (.010-.046 Gauges)
- OTHER FEATURES: Bound round-laminated rosewood fingerboard with larger pearl dot inlays; White "witch hat" control knobs; All-new pickups wound to period-correct specs and sound, with classic dual-circuit wiring and controls; Vintage-style floating tremolo with lock button
We want to be YOUR hometown music store champion! Give us a call at 800-338-6939, or fill out the form below. We'll get back to you ASAP!
30 Days. Love it or return it. Guaranteed!
- Decided you want a different finish? No problem.
- Color doesn't match your sweet new setup perfectly? No problem.
- Size just isn't quite right? No problem.
- The sunlight doesn't reflect just right of it? No problem.
At YandasMusic.com your complete satisfaction is our number one goal! That is why we are pleased to include a 30 day return guarantee with every order. If you are unhappy with a product for any reason, visit our support page here, and let us know! We're here to help in any way that we can. Our return policy was created to help keep our prices low, and to ensure that a customer is never stuck with a item they do not want.
Of course, there are a few exceptions to the rule, such as drum sticks, saxophone reeds, etc.