Squier Vintage Modified '70s Stratocaster
The Vintage Modified '70s Stratocaster delivers the distinctive look of 1970s workhorse Fender guitars, with an all-Black maple-fingerboard model and a Vintage White rosewood-fingerboard model. Both feature a large headstock, vintage-tint gloss neck and black plastic parts typical of that era.
Other features include a basswood body, maple neck, 9.5"-radius fingerboard with 21 medium jumbo frets and black dot (Black model) or parchment (Vintage white model) inlays, three Duncan Designed SC-101 single-coil pickups with black covers, five-way pickup switch with black tip, three-ply pickguard (white-black-white or black-white-black), black numbered volume and tone control knobs, vintage-style synchronized tremolo bridge with vintage-style tremolo arm, vintage-style chrome tuners, chrome hardware and engraved neck plate.
Large, vintage style headstock, vintage-tint gloss neck and black hardware give this strat a retro style.
Duncan Designed SC-101
The SC-101single coils represent a tonal cross between Seymour Duncan's SSL-2 Vintage Flat and SSL-6 Custom Flat models. Unlike many inexpensive single coils that have a large ceramic magnet glued underneath non-magnetic steel slugs, the SC-101s use real Alnico V rod pole pieces with a flat magnet stagger for exceptional string balance. The three single coil models are each specially calibrated to either bridge, middle or neck positions, with the middle pickup reverse wound, reverse polarity. The tone is chimey and bright with exceptional "quack" in the notch positions.
- C Shape Neck
- Vintage Style Synchronized Tremolo
- Black Finish With Maple Fingerboard
- Duncan Designed Single-Coil Pickups
- Vintage Style Tremolo
- Gold and Black Squier Logo
- Engraved Neckplate
- Black Plastic Parts
- Dot Position Inlays
- Finish: Vintage White
- Body: Basswood
- Neck Shape: "C" Shape
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fretboard Radius: 9.5" (24.1 cm)
- Neck Material: Maple
- Fingerboard: Maple
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Scale Length: 25.5" (64.8 cm)
- Bridge Pickup: Duncan Designed SC-101B single-coil
- Middle Pickup: Duncan Designed SC-101 Single-Coil
- Neck Pickup: Duncan Designed SC-101N single-coil
- Bridge: Vintage Style Synchronized Tremolo
- Tuning Machines: Vintage Style Chrome Tuners