Vox NT50HG2 Guitar Amplifier Head
- Product ID: NT50HG2
- UPC/Barcode: 4959112104914
|Grand Island, NE||0|
A Modern Twist on Classic Vox Tone
Several years ago Vox introduced the Vox Night Train, a 15 watt amp that was Vox's look into the lunchbox amp craze. What we have here is the big brother of said amp, the Night Train 50 watt head. Powered by two EL34 power tubes, and producing 50 watts of tube power, this amp can handle any gig. On top of that, the features packed into it allow it to be versatile and suitable for most players. The two separate channels capture the essence of sparkly Vox tones while also allowing you to turn up the gain and turn the Night Train into a modern high gain monster. The mobility of this amp is also very useful for guitarists who can't seem to strike a good balance between an amps that are workhorses, and amps that are light. Something we can probably all agree is a good idea.
- Tone cut
- Digital studio quality reverb
- Thick switch
Tone cut is a relatively standard feature on Vox amplifiers. It's just a unique feature for those who like to fine tune. It's essentially a tone knob for the power section of the amp; turn counter clockwise, and you cut treble out of your signal. The more clockwise you go, the more sparkly your tone will become. This is where the Vox magic happens.
Once you've dialed in a tone, you can start to bring in some reverb for some added depth to your sound. This reverb is studio quality, and it really adds some subtleties that allow your tone to be lush and articulate. Or, you always have the option to crank the reverb, if that's your kind of thing. The reverb is also footswitchable, so if you're playing live and have the optional Night Train footswitch, you can bring it in and out just as you please.
Another unique fine tuning tool, the thick switch is part of the girth channel, which when engaged can thicken up (hence the name) the sound which results in higher gain and more grit. A perfect feature for those who are interested in the amp for off the wall, in your face kind of sounds.
The Vox Night Train 50HG2 is an affordable option for user friendly, versatile tone shaping. Check it out!
- Two channels (bright, girth)
- Thick switch
- Tone cut
- 50 watts
- Standby switch
- NT50H-G2 Specification
- Output Power: 50 Watts RMS into 8 Ohm or 16 Ohm
- Tube Complement: Preamp: 12AX7 (x3) Power amp: EL34 (x2)
- Inputs/Outputs: Guitar input, FX Loop (Send/Return), D.I. Out, Foot switch, 1 x Speaker output (16 Ohm), 1 x Speaker output (8 Ohm) / 2 x Speaker output (16 Ohm)
- Controls: Master Volume, BRIGHT/GIRTH channel switch, Reverb, Tone Cut, THICK switch, GIRTH channel – “Volume, Bass, Middle, Treble, Gain”, BRIGHT channel - “Bass, Middle, Treble, Gain”, THICK
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 450 x 165 x 215 mm / 17.72 x 6.50 x 8.46 inches
- Weight: 12.2 kg / 26.90 lbs
- Options: VFS2A footswitch
- Accessories: Power cable, High Performance VOX Custom Speaker Cable (16AWG)
V212NT-G2 Speaker Cabinet
Max Input: 60 W RMS (16 Ohm)
Speaker: 12” Celestion G12H Anniversary model (x 2); 16 Ohm
Dimensions (W x D x H): 695 x 260 x 485 mm / 27.36 x 10.24 x 19.09 inches
Weight: 21.7 kg / 47.84 lbs
We want to be YOUR hometown music store champion! Give us a call at 800-338-6939, or fill out the form below. We'll get back to you ASAP!
30 Days. Love it or return it. Guaranteed!
- Decided you want a different finish? No problem.
- Color doesn't match your sweet new setup perfectly? No problem.
- Size just isn't quite right? No problem.
- The sunlight doesn't reflect just right of it? No problem.
At YandasMusic.com your complete satisfaction is our number one goal! That is why we are pleased to include a 30 day return guarantee with every order. If you are unhappy with a product for any reason, visit our support page here, and let us know! We're here to help in any way that we can. Our return policy was created to help keep our prices low, and to ensure that a customer is never stuck with a item they do not want.
Of course, there are a few exceptions to the rule, such as drum sticks, saxophone reeds, etc.