A favorite among band directors for decades, the 62 model saxophones (and their predecessor, the 61) have redefined the market by offering superior quality and durability at an affordable price.. Introduced in 1979, the YAS-62 and YTS-62 saxophones withstand the tests of time and competition and have been in a continual state of improvement since the launch of the YAS-61 in 1969.
About Yamaha Professional Saxophones
Yamaha Professional Saxophones feature gold epoxy lacquer finish on the body and keys and an engraved bell. The bell, bow and body provide better response and tone color
through the annealing process. A front F key, high F_ key, and custom-style B_ spatula facilitate technique and alternate fingerings. Superior intonation is provided by refined tone
hole dimensions and placement. The ribbed and flanged post mounting improves response while providing a more resonant sound and better post stability. An adjustable thumb
rest increases player comfort.
- A slightly narrower bore provides a faster response and greater control. The 62 style neck allows a comfortable flow of air so that every player can attain a solid tonal core.
- New Engraving: More elaborate with finer detail, the new design offers delicate beauty.
- Improved Low B-C# connection: An improved mechanism from low B to C# ensures a proper seal for these notes which promotes a clear response throughout the low range of the instrument.
- Backpack-style Case: Semi-hard case offers a contemporary look and greater ease of transport.
- Auxiliary Keys High F#, Front F
- Key buttons material Polyester
- Design/Architecture Detail
- Bell Decoration Hand-engraved
- Thumb hook Adjustable
- Key Eb
- Mouthpiece AS4C
- Case ASC-600E