Rich and dark sound with added resonance. The CSV has slightly smaller tonehole sizes, taper and undercuts than the SEV, resulting in a clearer, more focused sound with excellent projection. The sound is well-centered and extremely flexible, providing a wide pallet of tonal colors.
The Yamaha V-Series Clarinets are handcrafted from a select grade of grenadilla wood with uniquely contoured inner bore configurations. Hand-tapered undercut tone holes
provide outstanding intonation and response. V-Series Clarinets incorporate a unique nickel-silver alloy for key construction which adds to the resonance of these fine instruments.
- YAC CLC-80 Hard shell case
- YAC CLB-90 Case cover
- YAC CL4CM 4CM Ebonite custom mouthpiece, 1.05mm tip opening
- YAC 1600 Silver-plated ligature
- YAC 1639 Silver-plated mouthpiece cap
- YAC 1007P Cork grease; round box
- YAC 1051P Linen swab for wood clarinets
YCL-CSV Model OptionsYamaha offers a number of variable options for select instruments. To add one of these options to your purchase, simply select your option from the drop down box above.
YCL-CSVA - Same as YCL-CSV; except in the key of A and CLC-840 case
- Tapered tone holes with hand-tapered undercut: Each tone hole is individually hand-tapered and undercut for optimum tone quality, intonation, and uniform response throughout the instrument's range.
- Bridge key design: Eliminates damage to the bridge key mechanism
- Integral tone holes: Integral tone holes are carved directly into the body of the instrument, achieving uniform resonance and response as well as rich tone color.
- New bell design: The taper inside the bell is more open to provide for a round, full sound.
- Select granadilla: The body materials are hand-crafted from prime wood stock for optimum stability.
- Available feature: The YCL-CSV clarinet is available in the key of A. (YCL-CSV-A)
- Level: Custom
- Key of Bb (YCL-CSV/CSVN)
- Fingering: Boehm
- Key System: Key System
- Barrel Length: 65 mm
- Body Material: Granadilla
- Barrel Material: Granadilla
- Bell Material: Granadilla with pressure-fitted solid nickel silver ring
- Key Material: Nickel Silver
- Plating: Silver
- Bore: Machined and polished
- Tone Holes: Tapered integral type, with hand-tapered undercut
- Thumb Rest: Fixed
- Mouthpiece: Yamaha 4CM Ebonite
- Mouthpiece Cap: Silver-Plated
- Ligature: Silver-Plated
- Spring Type: Blue steel needle
- Pad Type: Lucien deluxe double skin
- Posts: Threaded