The Neo cornet line provides a greater breadth of tonal colors for the ultimate freedom of expression. The use of gold brass for the lead-pipe and main tuning slide give these new cornets a rich, flexible sound and excellent response in the high register. Developed with 3 of the brass band world's most successful cornet players and conductors, these highly expressive cornets bring new musical possibilities to both solo and ensemble performances. This new Neo cornet with it's heavy wall and gold-brass leadpipe produces a dark, rich tone.
About Yamaha Professional and Neo Cornets:
Yamaha Professional Cornets feature hand-lapped valves and slides for precision fit and smooth flow of air. The one-piece drawn gold-brass leadpipe offers excellent intonation, response and ideal resistance. monel alloy pistons are corrosion-proof and long lasting.
YCR-8335II Model Options
Yamaha offers a number of variable options for select instruments.
YCR-8335IIS - Same as YCR-8335IIS; except silver-plated
YCR-8335IIG - Same as YCR-8335IIS; except gold brass bell
YCR-8335IIGS - Same as YCR-8335IIS; except silver-plated with a gold brass bell
- Leadpipe: Gold brass has been newly adopted to the part of the tube leading from the leadpipe to the valves, delivering the depth of sound and richness of tonal color that is required for traditional brass bands.
- One-piece bell: The one-piece bell provides a wide palette of tonal colors and improved response.
- Case: This custom-designed single case features a better fit and provides more protection when transporting your Neo cornet.
- Case CRC-830
- Mouthpiece CR-16E(S)
- Key Bb
- Bell Yellow brass
- Bell Diameter 125.5mm (5")
- Bore Size 11.90mm (0.469")
- Weight Heavy