Yamaha is proud to present the latest Cornet model YCR-9435 targeting the professional orchestra player. Designed with help from John Hagstrom of the Chicago Symphony Orchestra, this new custom cornet incorporates design elements from the "Chicago" series Artist Model trumpets.
About Yamaha Custom Cornets
The Yamaha Custom Cornet is handcrafted for exceptional quality. By utilizing a trumpet mouthpiece receiver and elements from the Artist Model Chicago Trumpets, the Custom Cornet is designed to meet the unique demands of orchestral trumpet players in an orchestral environment.
- Developed with top artists: The YCR-9435 was developed with John Hagstrom of the Chicago Symphony Orchestra.
- Trumpet Mouthpiece receiver: The trumpet mouthpiece receiver provides an unprecedented ease of transition between trumpet and cornet.
- MC1 Leadpipe taper: The MC1 leadpipe taper from the "Chicago" series Artist Model trumpets gives this custom cornet a strong, brilliant and complex sound.
- Artist Model style 1st valve slide thumbhook and 3rd valve slide ring: The Artist Model style thumbhook and ring helps bring a consistency of feel to the transition between trumpet and cornet.
- One-piece yellow brass bell: The one-piece bell provides for great tonal colors and improved response.
- Level: Custom
- Key of: C
- Bore: ML: 0.459"
- Bell Diameter: 4 7/8"
- Leadpipe: Yellow Brass
- Body Material: Yellow Brass
- Bell Material: Yellow Brass; One-Piece
- Weight: Medium
- Key Buttons: Key Buttons
- Finish: Silver-Plate
- Pistons/ Valves: Monel
- Mouthpiece: TR-16C4