Yamaha Custom Bassoons feature a rich sound and allow for the most subtle tone shadings. These models are also available with a number of specialized options including a left hand E trill key, F# lever roller, B key guard, whisper arm connecter, silver tonehole tubes, right hand whisper slide system, right hand E trill key, B roller key and a compact body style. Please contact Yamaha for more information on these custom options.
Custom bassoon, Body: Long-seasoned maple body (thick wall), Compact type. Yamaha Custom bassoons, which are considered the finest bassoons currently being produced, can be heard in some of the world's greatest orchestras. They deliver a full rich sound which allows control of the most subtle tone shadings in delicate passages, while letting you open the sound up beyond traditional limits. With redesigned tonehole shapes and positions, and ergonomic "finger-friendly" key shapes, they also feature extremely accurate intonation and a comfortable playability. The 812, with a heavier body wall, features a rich, authoritative sound. It is ideal for players who prefer a round, warm tone, and who require the power to balance the volume of a modern symphony orchestra.
YFG-812 Model Options
Yamaha offers a number of variable options for select instruments.
YFG-812C - Same as YFG-812; except compact body style; FGC-802C case
- Two Body Types: The YFG-811 features a standard body wall thickness, providing universal compatibility and broad expressive capability for the widest range of players and playing styles. The YFG-812 has a heavier 4-millimeter thick body wall, resulting in a darker tone that blends well with the modern orchestra.
- Key Systems: The key systems on these instruments are hand-assembled by experienced craftsmen, with emphasis on superior quality and playability. A balancer and Bb key guard are standard, and a roller system and oversized left-hand thumb key facilitate performance of difficult passages. The left-hand little finger key and right-hand thumb and little finger keys have been located in the most natural, comfortable positions for significantly enhanced playability, allowing the performer to focus the music not the instrument.
- Case: Compact type bassoons have an extra joint which permits the use of a smaller case, FGC-802C.
- Key: Trill keys F-G, E-F#
- Auxiliary Keys: High D key, 6 roller keys (low C#, low Eb, F#, Ab little finger, Ab thumb, F), Bb key guard, Balancer
- Toneholes System: Heckel system
- Body: Long-seasoned maple body (thick wall)
- Key: Silver-plated nickel silver
- Included Accessories: Case FGC-802N
- Included Accessories: Super Bocals (CN1S and CN2S)