Similar to the YFL-787H, the YFL-777H features an offset G with a split E mechanism. Inheriting the many merits of top-of-the-line Yamaha handmade flutes, these models offer rich, nuanced tonality over a wide dynamic range. The 500 and 600 series combine the brilliance of nickel silver with the characteristic mellow timbres of sterling silver, while the 700 series delivers warmth and expressive color that only the finest silver flutes can provide. All models come with hand-finished headjoints based on the Type A headjoints supplied with the 800 and 900 series handmade flutes. The keys feature traditional pointed key arms, reflecting the highest level of craftsmanship and adding visual elegance to these outstanding instruments.
Yamaha 700 Series Flutes feature a sterling silver headjoint, body, footjoint and keys, white gold springs and French-style pad cups and arms.
About Yamaha Professional Flutes
Yamaha Professional Series Flutes are outstanding instruments at reasonable prices. Flute teachers all over the world have found the Yamaha Professional Flutes to have a consistent tone throughout the instrument as well as impeccable intonation.
YFL-777H Model Options
Yamaha offers a number of variable options for select instruments.
YFL-777HCT - Same as YFL-787H; except offset G with split E mechanism
- Hand-finished Headjoint: Based on the Handmade Flute's Type A design which offers a wider expressive range, the hand-finished headjoint on Yamaha professional flutes additionally offers easier response and excellent balance over the instrument's entire range.
- Straubinger Phoenix Pads: Straubinger Phoenix Pads offer the same concept as the Straubinger Pads on Yamaha Handmade Flutes, and have a more suitable design for the 600/700 series. The pads allow the player to play with a softer touch while providing a more precise and consistent seal, superior response, wide dynamic range and longer life in regards to adjustment.
- 0.43mm Wall Thickness: 0.43mm wall thickness is now a standard feature on 600 and 700 series flutes. Combined with the new hand-finished headjoint and the Straubinger Phoenix Pads, the increased wall thickness provides excellent balance, and a warm, beautiful sound.
- Acoustic Annealing: The headjoint, body and footjoint of all professional flutes are heat treated through an annealing process that allows the instrument to vibrate more freely, providing optimal response and beautiful resonance.
- Key Design: The keys are hand-assembled and meticulously balanced for a perfect touch, and the key shapes have been so exquisitely designed and ergonomically placed that the flute will almost Ëdisappear in your hands. Performances will feel effortless and natural.
- Pointed Key Arms: A#, F# and other non-fingered keys feature pointed key arms, similar to those found on Handmade Flutes. Their beautiful designs are inspired by traditional European styling.
- Case: The compact case provides ease of transport and excellent protection from damage. All Yamaha professional flutes come with an elegantly designed case cover.