The YHR-302M shares many of the same warm tonal colors as our concert models. But more than a traditional French horn, the 302M has been designed to project its rich tonal colors across the marching field; we've added strength to the natural beauty of its sound.
About Yamaha Marching Instruments
Yamaha Marching Instruments are designed for easy-to-play rugged durability. The consistent quality and ability to produce big, exciting sounds have made them a popular feature on football fields and in parades everywhere. Each model is designed to be durable at traditionally vulnerable points and to be well-balanced for maneuverability.
- YAC HRC-302M Wood marching French horn case; fits YHR-302M/S
- YAC HR30C4 Horn mouthpiece; flat rim, thin U shaped cup for good response in orchestral playing.
- YAC 1000P Valve oil.
YHR-302M Model Options
Yamaha offers a number of variable options for select instruments.
YHR-302MS - Same as YHR-302M; except silver-plated
- Nickel silver inner and outer slides: The use of nickel silver inner and outer slides ensures better fit and less chance of corrosion because nickel-silver is harder and more durable than brass.
- Honed Valves: The precise fit between valve casings and pistons after honing means no air leakage.
- Pressure-formed tubing: Perfectly rounded tubing results in less turbulence and a smoother air flow, thus allowing for an excellent scale and reduced resistance.
- Laser-fused pluzuma welded bell: A high-energy laser fuses the brass together for a virtually seamless bell which allows continuous, even vibrations.
- Hand-lapped valves and slides: Hand-lapping valves and slides ensures an absolutely perfect fit and seal between the valve pistons and casing or slide parts. Such a perfect fit helps to achieve smooth air flow and smooth action and improve the response and intonation of the instrument.
- Well balanced: All Yamaha marching instruments are well-balanced so they are easy to hold while marching.
- Heavy bracing: All Yamaha marching instruments have heavy bracing throughout so they are more durable at vulnerable points and can withstand marching band.
- Available feature: The YHR-302M marching French horn is available with a silver-plated finish.
- Level: Marching Horn
- Key of Bb
- Size: N/A
- Bore: 0.472"
- Bell Diameter: 10 1/8"
- Leadpipe Material: Gold Brass
- Body/ Bell Material: Yellow Brass
- Finish: Clear Epoxy Lacquer; Silver (YHR-302MS)
- Mouthpiece: 30C4
- Pistons/ Valves: (3) Nickel-plated, nickel alloy
- Case: HRC-302M
- Options / Included: HRC-302M