Kruspe style horn with large throat for full sound with little resistance.
About Yamaha Professional Horns
Yamaha Professional Horns feature hand-lapped rotary valves and slides for a airtight, smooth action. Quick, responsive motion is provided by the articulated key levers. The hammered and annealed bell responds consistently in all ranges and the cyclical bore design produces consistent airflow throughout the horn. A well placed water key provides efficient water drainage. Yamaha Professional Horns are known for accurate intonation and comfortable, quick response.
YHR-668DII - Ddetachable yellow brass bell
YHR-668NDII - Nickelsilver with Ddetachable yellow brass bell
YHR-668NII - Nickelsilver
- Hand-lapped rotary valves and slides: Rotary valves and slides that have been hand-lapped are airtight and have smooth action.
- Articulated key levers: Articulated key levers have responsive motion.
- Hammered and annealed bell: Hammering and annealing are processes so important to the instrument's acoustic characteristics that Yamaha employs computer-controlled equipment to ensure consistently superior sound. Hammering enables bells to have a rich, resonant tone that blends beautifully with other instruments. Annealing is a cooling and heating process that makes it easier to control the acoustics of the instrument.
- Cyclical bore: A cyclical bore is a perfectly cylindrical tubing assembly in combination with a conical leadpipe and bell system. This allows for consistent air flow throughout the horn.
- Tapered valves: Tapered valves wear for a long time without air leakage.
- Deep, warm tone colors
- Secure note centers
- Excellent sound in all registers: The combination of the secure high register, strong projection, and quick attack of the Bb horn with the rich, warm timbre of the F horn make the double horn ideal for most playing situations.
- Available features: The YHR-668II horn is available in nickel silver (YHR-668NII; both models are available with a detachable bell (YHR-668DII and YHR-668NDII).
- Level: Professional Double
- Key F/ Bb
- Style: Kruspe
- Bore: 0.472"
- Bell Diameter: 12 1/8"
- Bell: throat Large
- Leadpipe: Material Gold Brass
- Body/ Bell Material: Yellow Brass; Nickel (YHR-668NII)
- Bell Type: Fixed; Detachable (YHR-668DII/NDII)
- Finish: Clear Epoxy Lacquer; Nickel-plating (YHR-668NII)
- Mouthpiece: 30D4
- Rotors: (4) Solid
- Rotor Casing: Nickel silver
- Lever Action: String
- Water Key: Yes
- Features: Adjustable thumb lever; Longer leadpipe taper; Larger bell taper