This custom "Triple" horn features smooth light action with a rich warm tone.
About Yamaha Custom Horns
Yamaha's Handmade Custom Horns are unparalleled in comfort and sound quality. Hand-lapped rotary valves and slides provide airtight, smooth, flawless action. Articulated rotorlevers and hollow phosphor bronze rotors promise responsive, light action. The hand hammered one-piece annealed bell responds consistently in all ranges.
AC HR32C4 Horn mouthpiece; larger rim diameter and first cup volume than 30C4 for clear tone, flexible response in all registers
YAC HRC-HF French horn case
YAC HRC-HFD French horn case for detachable bell model (YHR-881D)
YAC 1012P Premium rotor oil
YHR-891 Model Options
Yamaha offers a number of variable options for select instruments.
YHR-891D - Same as YHR-891; except with detachable bell; unlacquered finish
YHR-892D - Same as YHR-891D; except 6th rotary A stop valve
- Hand-lapped rotary valves and slides: Rotary valves and slides that have been hand-lapped are airtight and have smooth action.
- Articulated key levers: Articulated key levers have responsive motion.
- Hand-hammered and annealed bell: Hammering and annealing are processes so important to the instrument's acoustic characteristics that Yamaha employs computer-controlled equipment to ensure consistently superior sound. Hammering enables bells to have a rich, resonant tone that blends beautifully with other instruments. Annealing is a cooling and heating process that makes it easier to control the acoustics of the instrument.
- Hollow, Phosphor-bronze Rotors: Hollow, phosphor-bronze rotors provide a quick, free response are extremely corrosion resistant.
- Innovative valve tubing configuration: The combination of the long rotor valve, dual plane valve, and tubing configuration create a unique shape and size for the triple horn.
- Level Custom Triple
- Key F / Bb / High F
- Style Triple
- Bore 0.472"
- Bell Diameter 12 1/8"
- Bell throat Medium large
- Leadpipe Material Gold brass
- Body/ Bell Material Yellow brass
- Bell Type Fixed
- Finish Unlacquered
- Mouthpiece 32C4
- Rotors (5) Hollow phosphor bronze;(6) with A+ stop valve (YHR-892)
- Rotor Casing Nickel silver
- Lever Action String
- Water Key Yes
- Features Patented "Dual Plane" 4th rotor;A+ stop valve (YHR-892)