The YSL-445G features a beautiful rich tone, easy playability, and a balanced response. The bore and bell sizes are the same as professional models, and it boasts a handcrafted assembly which you would normally expect only for a top-of-the-line trombone. The 8-1/2" bell is made of gold brass for a warm, rich sound which can fill a concert hall and the intonation is very accurate. The slide action is smooth and the quick response and comfortable playability is consistent in almost any register, at almost any dynamic. The 445G is a medium-large bore model for versatility in almost any playing situation.
About Yamaha Intermediate Trombones
Yamaha 400 Series Trombones are the perfect blend of professional features at an intermediate price. High quality gold-brass bell material and a seamless bell construction make the 400 Series Trombones an excellent value.
- YAC SLC-210 Case for 400 series trombones
- YAC SL48 Baritone/trombone/euphonium mouthpiece; ideal for obtaining full, rich tone on alto trombone
- YAC 1020P Trombone slide cream
- YAC 1099P Untreated polish cloth; large
- YAC 1665P Trombone cleaning rod
Yamaha YSL-445GC Options
YSL-445GS - Same as YSL-445G, except silver plated
- Inner slide: The chrome-plated nickel-silver, drawn, inner slide is very durable and has a quick, sensitive response.
- Outer slide: The one-piece, drawn, yellow brass outer slide maintains an accurate diameter throughout its length, and this type of construction ensures airtightness, smooth action, exceptional durability, and offers improved response and resonance to the sound.
- Inner slide stockings: Specially designed one-piece inner slide stockings guarantee airtight slide construction, and offer smoother slide action and better alignment, even in the extended 6th and 7th positions.
- Tubular braces: Long-lasting nickel-silver tubular braces contribute to the stability of the slide and enhance smooth slide action.
- Balancer: The balancer found on the YSL-445G perfectly proportions the instrument's weight.
- Upgraded bell materials: A gold brass bell provides rich sound and flexible response usually reserved for professional models.
- Pressure-formed tubing: Perfectly rounded tubing results in less turbulence and a smoother air flow, thus allowing for an excellent scale and reduced resistance.
- Laser-fused pluzuma welded bell: A high-energy laser fuses the brass together for a virtually seamless bell which allows continuous even vibrations.
- Slide lock: The unique slide lock design on all Yamaha trombones keeps the slide locked in place and keeps it from accidentally falling.
- Weight distribution: Players are more comfortable playing the YSL-445G trombone because its superb weight distribution makes it easier to hold.
- Mouthpipe: Yamaha trombones have mouthpipes featuring special acoustic designs allowing for precise intonation and greater blowing control.
- Level: Intermediate Tenor
- Key of Bb
- Bore: ML: 0.525"
- Bell Diameter: 8 1/2"
- Shank: Medium
- Leadpipe: Yellow Brass; Fixed
- Body Material: Yellow Brass
- Bell Material: Yellow Brass; One-piece
- Weight: Standard
- Finish: Clear Lacquer
- Inner Slide: Chrome-plated nickel silver; Drawn
- Outer Slide: Brass; Drawn; One-piece