Yamaha YTR-9445CHSII John Hagstrom Design Xeno Series C Trumpet
- Product ID: YTR-9445CHSII
- UPC/Barcode: 086792978123
|Grand Island, NE||0|
The primary consultant for the CH Series was John Hagstrom of the Chicago Symphony. In addition to testing parts and later prototypes with John and his colleagues, some very famous vintage trumpets owned by the CSO were used as benchmarks in the process. Those horns were studied in great detail, not to copy them, but rather to understand what made them so special. They had their flaws too, yet they set a fantastic reference standard difficult for any modern trumpet to match.
About Yamaha Custom Model Trumpets
The Artist Model began with a fundamental reexamination of the ways that new instruments are conceived and tested. Each Artist Model is the result of an extensive collaboration
between skilled craftsmen and a prominent musician, who provides input on each prototype in the design process. Every idea is tested, every option is explored and only when the
development artist is completely satisfied is the next step taken. The goal is to produce an instrument that is acceptable to high standards of scrutiny and to be the preferable
choice for players at the top of their field.
- The bell is one of its most important elements. The wall thickness gradually tapers, thinning as it gets closer to the rim. The flat dome style rim is wider than most modern trumpet bell rims, which helps hold the sound together even at extreme dynamics. The seam of the bell is aligned with the braces to improve tonal projection, and the braces are smaller so the bell, valves and leadpipe are closer together, giving a natural vibrancy to the entire trumpet.
- The new shape of top and bottom valve caps and the skeletonized interior valve stems contribute greatly to the flexible response of the trumpet.
- The first valve slide features a special brace which gives a stronger focus to the core of the tone for unparalleled definition and clarity.
- The leadpipes are based on Bob Malone''s own design (MC1 for C, MB1 for Bb) and on the C its long taper ends in a reversed tuning slide. These leadpipes are largely responsible for the tonal expressivity of the trumpets, and you will find that notes slot easily and comfortably in all ranges, with exceptionally accurate intonation.
- The 3rd valve slide stopper has been moved to allow extended slide play for a low F or to facilitate alternative fingerings. The oversized button on the end of the slide has been carefully researched to fine-tune the blowing resistance for better control.
- Key of C
- Bell Diameter: 123mm (4-7/8")
- Bell Material: Yellow Brass
- Finish: Silver-Plated
- Bore: 11.73 (0.462")
- Weight: Heavy
- Mouthpiece: TR17B4
We want to be YOUR hometown music store champion! Give us a call at 800-338-6939, or fill out the form below. We'll get back to you ASAP!
30 Days. Love it or return it. Guaranteed!
- Decided you want a different finish? No problem.
- Color doesn't match your sweet new setup perfectly? No problem.
- Size just isn't quite right? No problem.
- The sunlight doesn't reflect just right of it? No problem.
At YandasMusic.com your complete satisfaction is our number one goal! That is why we are pleased to include a 30 day return guarantee with every order. If you are unhappy with a product for any reason, visit our support page here, and let us know! We're here to help in any way that we can. Our return policy was created to help keep our prices low, and to ensure that a customer is never stuck with a item they do not want.
Of course, there are a few exceptions to the rule, such as drum sticks, saxophone reeds, etc.