Yamaha high-pitched trumpets feature brilliant tone with crisp clear attacks and excellent control in the high register. Though originally used primarily for Baroque music, they are increasingly used by solo and orchestral players for security with difficult high passages as well as for the clarity and lyrical qualities of their sound. The 9710 features two bells and sets of slides to convert it to either G or F, and offers the sound and playability of a 'big' trumpet, with the security and control of a piccolo trumpet. The intonation is surprisingly accurate, and the tone flexible enough to use in many different styles of music.
About Yamaha Custom Trumpets
Yamaha Custom Trumpets are handcrafted for exceptional quality. Hand-lapped valves ensure a precise fit between casings and pistons while the hand-lapped slides provide fast,
smooth action for tuning. The hand-hammered one-piece bell provides maximum projection with a dark tonal color.
- YAC TR14A4a Trumpet mouthpiece; designed to help piccolo trumpet and jazz players obtain a brilliant sound and good performance in high register
- YAC TRC-903 Wooden trumpet case
- YAC RVO Superior valve oil
- Hand-hammered one-piece bell: A one-piece bell has an axial (lengthwise) seam, making it a continuous extension of the instrument's material. This results in pure, uniform resonance and superior tone. A hammered yellow brass bell produces a perfectly-balanced tone with quick response and extra presence due to advanced manufacturing.
- Hand-lapped pistons and slides: Hand-lapping pistons and slides ensures an absolutely perfect fit and seal between the pistons and casing or slide parts. Such a perfect fit helps to achieve smooth air flow and smooth action and improve the response and intonation of the instrument.
- Pressure formed tubing: Perfectly rounded tubing results in less turbulence and a smoother air flow, thus allowing for an excellent scale and reduced resistance.;
- Laser-fused pluzuma welded bell: A high-energy laser fuses the brass together for a virtually seamless bell which allows continuous even vibrations.
- One-piece drawn gold brass leadpipe: This type of leadpipe offers excellent intonation, response and proper resistance. Handcrafted
- Level: Custom Piccolo Trumpet
- Key of G / F
- Bore M: 0.445"
- Bell Diameter: 4" G; 4 1/3" F
- Leadpipe: Gold Brass
- Body Material: Yellow Brass
- Bell Material: Yellow Brass; One-Piece
- Weight: Light
- Key Buttons: Mother of Pearl
- Finish: Silver
- Pistons/ Valves: Monel (3)
- Mouthpiece: 14A4a
- Features: Interchangeable G and F bells; 1st and 3rd valve slides for F