On the 10th Anniversary of their introduction, the Custom Z saxophones have been reexamined from neck to bell. They now offer the ultimate combination of expressiveness, response and control while staying true to their free-spirited origins. Since the Custom Z was developed in 2003, the technology, craftsmanship and specifications of the Custom Z series have continued to improve to fulfill the needs of the highest level musicians.
About Yamaha Custom Z Saxophones
Based on the scale of the classic Ë62 models, the new Custom Z saxes have bodies that are made of a special brass alloy for lighter weight, a great playing feel, and the kind of tonal flexibility you've always wanted. The Z plays evenly in all ranges, and gives you a huge dynamic range for as much or as little sound as you need. The advanced neck design helps produce a quick and agile response while key action and placement feel just right.
YTS-82ZII Model Options
Yamaha offers a number of variable options for select instruments.
YTS-82ZIIWOF - Same as YTS-82ZII; except without high F# key
YTS-82ZIIB - Same as YTS-82ZII; except black lacquered
YTS-82ZIIS - Same as YTS-82ZII; except silver-plated
YTS-82ZIIU - Same as YTS-82ZII; except unlacquered
YTS-82ZIIUWOF - Same as YTS-82ZIIU; except without high F# key
- One-piece bell with new engraving: In the tradition of those coveted vintage saxophones, the 82Z now comes equipped with a one-piece bell! This feature drastically improves low end response and offers the player a wider palette of tonal color. More elaborate with finer detail, the new engraving design offers delicate beauty.
- Metal Resonators: Domed metal resonators offer an outstanding response and deliver a wider dynamic range. The entire range of the instrument has a clearer pronunciation, providing effortless playability all around.
- V1 neck: The wide bore taper of the V1 neck provides offers a free-blowing feel and the greatest possible flexibility. This combination of features allows the player the ultimate level of tonal expression.
- Improved Low B-C# connection: An improved mechanism from low B to C# ensures a proper seal for these notes which promotes a clear response throughout the low range of the instrument.
- Lighter thumb hook and thumb rest bases: Lighter thumb rest and thumb hook base designs produce better response and a more cohesive tone.
- Adjustable Front F key: An adjustable Front F mechanism gives the player the freedom to find the optimal level of resistance in the altissimo range.
- Z Style Case: The 82Z saxophones come in slim, lightweight cases which provide excellent protection. A convenient shoulder strap is also included.
- Mouthpiece TS4CM
- Case TSC-820
- Key Bb
- Bell Decoration Hand engraved
- Thumb hook Adjustable
- Auxiliary Keys High F# (Available without High F# key), Front F
- Key buttons material Mother of pearl