The SM94 is a unidirectional electret condenser microphone tailored to the instrument miking needs of professional musicians and sound engineers in both live performance and sound recording. Its smooth, flat frequency response is free of either a presence peak or a low-frequency rolloff, making it a perfect choice for all types of musical instruments.
The SM94 is equally at home in sound reinforcement systems or in sound studios and motion picture/ TV scoring stages. When used with the optional wind-screen, the SM94 can be used by vocalists and speech-makers who desire a wide, flat response with minimum coloration.
- A sensitive mic with a wide, flat response ideal for live amplified and acoustic instruments.
- Extremely well-suited for reproduction of stringed instruments, woodwinds and cymbals
- AA battery or phantom power
- Internal shock mount
- Wide dynamic range
- Smooth, flat frequency response
- Uniform Cardioid condenser
- Frequency response: 40 to 16,000 Hz
- Type: Cardioid Condenser (electret bias)
- Frequency Response: 40 to 16,000 Hz
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid (unidirectional)--uniform with frequency, symmetrical about axis
- Output Impedance: Rated at 150 ohms; 200 ohms actual
- Maximum SPL: 800 ohm Load: 141 dB (phantom), 123 dB (battery)
- Dynamic Range: 119 dB (phantom); 101 dB (battery) (maximum SPL, 2000-ohm load, to A-weighted noise level)
- Overvoltage Protection: Maximum External Voltage Applied to Pins 2 and 3 with respect to Pin 1: +52Vdc
- Polarity: Positive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 relative to pin 3
- Connector: XLR professional audio 3-Pin