Join the elite French Horn club with Tradition of Excellence!
Tradition of Excellence Book 1 for French horn is the ideal method book as part of a band, or for an individual. Beginning horn players will find the easy-to-understand text, simple fingering charts, and color-coordinated technique boxes helpful in each of the lessons. The French horn method offers each exercise on both a "Full band" and a "Horns only" page, allowing beginning players to pick which etude best fits their range! Each book comes with a DVD that displays recorded lessons, practicing tips, and visual examples of techniques specific to the trumpet. Kjos Music Company has been a leader in instrumental method books for years, but the new technology in Tradition of Excellence is second to none!
- French horn-specific lesson DVD
- Performance-centered method book
- Perfect blend of classic and contemporary instruction
Take the first step to becoming a French horn player with Tradition of Excellence Book 1!
- Book one introduces over ten notes and includes a student-range fingering chart
- Students are exposed to basic rhythms including dotted quarter notes and simple syncopation
- Introduces the concert Bb, Eb, and F scales
- Opportunities for beginning composition and improvization