Become the soul of the saxophone family!
Tradition of Excellence Book 1 for tenor saxophone is the ideal method book for an entire band, or an individual. Beginning tenor players will find the easy-to-understand text, simple fingering charts, and color-coordinated technique boxes helpful in each of the lessons. Each book comes with a DVD that displays recorded lessons, practicing tips, and visual examples of techniques specific to the tenor sax. Kjos Music Company has been a leader in instrumental method books for years, but the new technology in Tradition of Excellence is second to none!
- Tenor saxophone-specific lesson DVD
- Performance-centered method book
- Perfect blend of classic and contemporary instruction
Take the first step to becoming a tenor sax player with Tradition of Excellence Book 1!
- Book one introduces over ten notes and includes a student-range fingering chart
- Students are exposed to basic rhythms including dotted quarter notes and simple syncopation
- Introduces the concert Bb, Eb, and F scales
- Opportunities for beginning composition and improvisation